There are many changes to the D.T curriculum this year and therefore lots of new things are happening in the subject in different year groups throughout school.
Some key changes are…
- More cross curricular links.
- Greater focus on the child being an active learner, doing rather than talking.
- A wider range of tools and resources for children to make things with.
- Starting from the children and their own ideas has much more emphasis.
- Computing is interlinked with the Design and Technology curriculum.
- Cooking and nutrition has a more prominent place, so hopefully there will be lots more opportunities for children to experience this.