Required for 30th October 2017, or sooner
NOR: 562 – April 2017
Salary Range: L8 – L12
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher, the Governing Body of this Voluntary Aided School wish to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who is an excellent teacher with proven leadership skills. We would like to hear from candidates who already have experience of working as a Deputy Headteacher or Assistant Headteacher.
What we are looking for:
- a commitment to Christian education and to further developing the Christian ethos of the school
- a commitment to raising attainment
- a commitment to developing a curriculum which offers challenge and breadth of opportunity
- a commitment to leading and supporting the development of the whole school community
- an excellent classroom practitioner who is passionate about learning
- teaching experience across the primary age range
- a positive role model for others
Applicants must provide a letter of application (no longer than 4 sides of A4 at Pt 11) referring to the points above, and with reference to curriculum development.
Shortlisted candidates may be observed teaching prior to the interview date.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to deliver a 10 minute presentation, on the day of the interview.
For further information including the application pack, please contact Mrs Tyrrell, Headteacher.
Completed application forms should be returned to:- Mrs D Wynne, School Business Manager, Highfield St Matthew’s CE Primary School, Billinge Road, Wigan, WN3 6BL
Visits to school: Week commencing 12th June 2017
Closing Date: 30th June 2017 (12:00 mid-day)
Interviews: 7th July 2017
References will be called for before interviews.
This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures.
Wigan Council and the School Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.