Our Church School
Our Christian Vision
Our vision is founded on Matthew 5:13.
Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:13)
We strive to inspire and challenge the community we serve to achieve excellence in all they do, and to learn about life in all its fullness, within a welcoming Christian family.
Jesus is the light of the world and he is our role model, he gives us hope that we can be the best version of ourselves. We want our children, staff and wider community to shine and be the best that they can be within a warm, Christian family.
We strive to ‘Let our Light SHINE’ through academic excellence across our whole school and take pride in showing a love for all learning throughout our school and our shine curriculum.
We support and guide our staff, parents and families to flourish and to shine brightly before others; to inspire our whole school community to live out our Christian values and to shine their light before others to inspire them to do the same.
Our Christian Values strengthen all that we do.
Our school aims to serve its community by being at one with our families and providing an excellent education with Christian belief and practice at the heart. We encourage an understanding of meaning and significance of Christianity and world faiths through exploration and enquiry.
We encourage all children to discover more about themselves, their relationships with others, their relationship with the world around them and their relationship with God.
School Aims – How we will Let Our Light Shine
- Every child feels valued, safe and cared for, and makes a positive contribution to their own development and the life of the school, with Christ at its centre
- Our bespoke SHINE curriculum, based on excellence and high expectations, provides rich experiences which motivates, challenges, develops resilience and meets the needs of all children
- Every child achieves their potential and develops their talents and creativity, preparing them for a role in a global society with a lifelong love for learning
- Children & families develop understanding of a faith and Christian values that can guide their lives; knowing Jesus, and putting into action what they are coming to believe and value
- The whole school family flourishes and serves the local Church and community