Please find below a list of helpful sites to use at home to help your child
During these challenging times, it is important to be looking after your family's emotional wellbeing at home. Click here for useful advice and guidance.
As technology is being used so much more now, it is vital that we are all aware of what our children are accessing online. The website www.net-aware.org.uk is a fantastic website with support and guidance for parents and carers on the age restrictions for any apps or games that your child may use.
It is extremely important to understand how to stay safe on the internet and how to keep our children safe. Here are a few ways to help:
- Ensure you know what your children can access online
- Ensure children understand the importance of not giving personal information to anyone they do not know
- Tell your children no-one has the right to make them do anything they do not want to do
- Use parental controls to keep children safe
The following links may help
- Know the age limits for apps and games click here
- How to start the conversation with your child click here
- How to set up a devices security click here
- Social Media account advice for children 12 and under click here
- Supporting your 4-11 year old child using the internet click here
- The following link shows short videos about the national tests that children will undertake during their time at Highfield St Matthews https://www.sta-videos.co.uk/
Below are some very useful websites which may help
‘Own It’ App
The BBC is launching a new app to try and help the wellbeing of young people online. It's called Own It and it encourages young people to stop and think before they hit the send button. It monitors how they interact with their friends and family online and uses artificial intelligence to try and see how a child is feeling.’
The APP can be found here: Own it
If you have any further concerns or need any ICT support, then we are always happy to help.