Children at Highfield St Matthew’s have experienced unprecedented disruption to their education as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The Government has provided additional funding for school’s to use for specific activities to support pupils to 'catch-up' for lost teaching over the next couple of months.
At Highfield St Matthew’s, we have identified the impact of lockdown in the subject areas of Reading, Writing and Maths.
We aim use catch up funding to provide additional 1:1 teaching for identified children and for those most in need. Children have been identified for additional 1:1 sessions for:-
- To target the Year 3 children who did not pass the Y2 phonics screening recheck
- To support children to learn the sounds they did not secure in KS1
- To target key children in Year 6 who require targeted support to improve their sentence structure and punctuation against their Year 6 Age-Related Year Group KPI
- To target children in Year 6 within their arithmetic Maths skills, core written operations and reasoning target questions linked to QLA analysis
- The impact of the 1:1 tuition will be monitored in line with the school’s procedures for tracking the progress of identified groups of children