We currently have a fantastic part-time opportunity to join our Highfield Team.
If you would like to apply and join our Highfield team then please download the application form to complete. Completed forms should be returned to the School Office.
WELFARE ASSISTANT (LUNCHTIME SUPERVISOR)
Salary: G2 (scp 2-3)
Hours: 7.5 hrs per week, term-time only plus 3 INSET days - £6,581 - £6,712 per annum
Accountable to: Headteacher
Disclosure level: Enhanced
You will be working under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff to support pupils at lunchtime.
You will provide general support in the management of pupils in the hall, classroom or playground and/or for the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the mid day break.
To give support for SEN pupils providing help for those students with learning difficulties and/or behavioural, social or physical disabilities, as required.
The successful application will:
- Be an active member of our school and contribute to the school’s Christian and nurturing ethos
- Have the ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrate excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking
- To establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model
- To respond appropriately to the individual needs of pupils including if required to attend to pupils personal needs which may include aiding with toileting and dressing
- To assist with escorting pupils on educational out of school visits
- To support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour
- To supervise pupils during mid-day break in the dining hall, toilets, classrooms and school premises
- To assist individual pupils with eating if required
- To clean spillages and ensure that tables are clean during meal times
- To assist with first aid, sickness and other welfare issues
- To be aware of the schools behaviour policy ensuring it is implemented during lunch break, to ensure good conduct and discipline is maintained and provide activities for “wet play”
Other specific duties
- To carry out the duties in the most effective, efficient and economic manner available
- To continue personal development in the relevant area.
- To participate in the staff review and development appraisal process
- To undertake Safeguarding and Health and Safety Training on areas within your remit
If you would like to apply for this post please click and download the application form link below. Completed application forms should be returned to the School Office